Monday, October 20, 2014

Chicken Club Con Queso!





Chicken Club Con Queso!

The best meals come together by a little creativity and what you can find in your fridge. The other day, I had ZERO motivation to put on pants, let alone go to the store and buy food. So I went to the ol' fridge to see what i could scavenger up. First thing i saw, beer. Beer is good I thought, so had a few and picked something off Netflix to add to my being lazy. As I was sitting there, I remembered that I noticed there was bacon and queso dip in the fridge. The queso dip was left over from a previous cooking venture, and begged to be eaten again. But I didn't want to just have boring ol' chips and queso ( which is NEVER a bad idea by the way ). I wanted to put it on something more worth while.

I went back to the fridge to get creative. I eventually found all the right fixings for a chicken club sandwich:

- Tomato 
- White Onion 
- Chicken 
- Lettuce

I chopped up the veggies, grilled the chicken, made the bacon, and was ready for lift off!I had a few Ciabatta rolls left over from a previous garlic bread idea I made earlier in the week. PERFECT! Not only is ciabatta an AWESOME bread in general, it will work great with tying this sandwich together. Don't ever understate the power of a good bread choice folks! It will ALWAYS make or break any sandwich or side dish. 

I put some butter and garlic salt on the bread, set the oven to BOIL, and placed them in there for a little bit. I watched carefully until I noticed the bread was at a toasty level. You don't want it too be too CRISP to where you cut the top of your mouth when you eat it. NOTHING, besides burning your tongue is worse than eating mistake. 

Here is the order of which I chose to make the final product:

- Bottom half of the Roll
- Chicken
- Queso Dip ( i chose to place the queso on top of the chicken rather than adding it last. i did this because i didn't want the hot cheese to make the tomato and lettuce warm and possibly make it soggy. )
- Bacon
- Onion 
- Tomato 
- Lettuce 
- Top half of the Roll 

You can choose to construct it anyway you want, but this order worked really well. On one of them I choose to put the bacon on top of the chicken, THEN the queso. Either work. So go ahead! Give this the ol' college try and if you think it's missing a little somethin' somethin' and it works, LET ME KNOW! i would LOVE to try it!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to add: "I sent my girlfriend photos of this and she had food envy."

    ReplyDelete